CP3P FOUNDATION (LEVEL 1)
The training course is conducted over 2-3 days followed by 1 day for taking the Foundation Examination.
Some previous knowledge or experience in the topics covered in the PPP Guide, related to PPPs in general will be advantageous, but lack of experience should not prevent anyone from taking part in the Certification Program.
The training course is broken down into the following modules:
- Alternatives for infrastructure finance and procurement
- Types of PPP and terminology Issues
- Where PPPs are used – Infrastructure Sectors
- When to use PPPs – Motivations and Caveats
- Typical Basic structure of a PPP Project
- How PPPs are financed
- Causes of Project Failure – the Need for Sound Process Management and Preparation of Projects
- Introduction to the PPP Framework concept
- Overview of the PPP Process
- Basic Introduction to Project Finance
- Exam Simulator
The CP3P Foundation exam will test your ability to recall, recognize and demonstrate understanding of the established procedures, rules and institutional responsibilities that determine how the public party selects, implements and manages PPP projects, as outlined in the PPP Guide, including terms used, process sequences and roles involved. It is a closed book multiple choice exam paper with 50 questions and you must get 25 marks or more (50%) to pass the exam.
The Easy Guide…..
The Easy Guide for the CP3P Foundation (Level 1) course has been exclusively prepared by Toraza P3/PM Training for the sole purpose of supporting its registered participants during their study of the APMG BoK Chapter One in preparation for the Foundation (Level 1) examination.
It provides a basic introduction to the key concepts, basic features and characteristics of PPPs. Whilst it provides a general overview of Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) it is not intended to replace the APMG Book of Knowledge, which provides useful examples, additional information and interpretation of PPP and the PPP process.